Sunday, June 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Saul Bellow



Saul Bellow's book Herzog comes in at number 42 on our list and we will be reading it in March of 2017.  Many would argue that Saul was the greatest author of our time.  Since today would have been his 97th birthday it seems to be the perfect opportunity to tip our hates to this literary genius.

In doing so I would like to share one of my favorite quotes from him;

“Boredom is the conviction that you can't change ... the shriek of unused capacities.”


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jacob.
    As a recovering bibliophile, I have to say I love this blog. And the 100-day series is a SUPER idea.

    Hey, I presented you with a blog award, and I highlighted/linked you at Practically at Home. ;-)

    Linda at Practically at Home has presented you with the Kreativ Blog Award. See it here!

    Linda Ann

    ReplyDelete