Saturday, April 14, 2012

Celebrity bloggers?

My goal is to make this one of the greatest book clubs on the net.  We will already be reading the best books available written by some of the greatest writers in history.  Its going to be hard to get better than that.  I am going to bring in fun historical facts regarding the books and the writers themselves which I am excited about.  I do love history.  I am also looking to bring in elements of pop culture inspired by the books.  maybe during our read of Frankenstein we can talk about Herman Munster. 

I want to make it bigger than that though. 
Starting today I am looking for guest posts from various famous celebrities for each book.  These will be people that can add value to the conversation regarding the book such as people who have played in the film versions or other authors that have been inspired by the work.  I am also looking to bring in professors of literature and history in order to bring value to the conversation. 
I am not sure if I can pull this off put I figure its worth a try.  The worst they can do is say "no".  If there is someone you would like to hear from on a particular book please let me know and I can hunt them down.  I figure the further we go in this project the bigger it should get.  This will give us greater odds of hearing from those we want to hear from. 

Also, if any of you happen to be besties with Stephan King please let him know that we would love to hear his thoughts on our first book Frankenstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment